Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dreaming the future

I had a dream.. or nightmare.. or a vision. I saw an older child sitting on what appeared to be a high chair similar to the one Anya has right now. She was a teenager. She was in pigtails and flapping her arms like Anya is doing now. She was also shaking her head the way Anya does now. She was obviously "mentally retarded."

Is that how Anya will be in the future? Is God giving me a glimpse of how it will be so I will be prepared? Or am I being warned that because of my attitude, I am hindering Anya from developing further.

Oh Lord, open my eyes so that I can see. Let me appreciate all that she is and all that she is now able to do. Take away any negative thoughts I have. Keep me positive so that I will not pull back Anya's potential. She can be so much more than what I can imagine her to be. Let me dream great dreams and have that expectant faith.

God's answer came in the form of a website: www.disabilityisnatural.com and I can't wait to read more articles from the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment